Daisypath Vacation tickers

Sunday, September 26, 2010

Last Letter From The MTC

Dear Family,

Thank you so much for the packages and mails. First, to answer the big question. I did get my travel plans and sent a handmade copy to my family. If you want to know more than I am leaving on the 28th, and that I can call and talk to my mom and dad. Everything is going well here. The language is getting a ton easier and I am no longer uneasy about learning how to speak. I am so ready to get out of here and get to Bulgaria. Not that the MTC isn't wonderful. It's just that I have heard so much from my teachers about the beauty and wonderment of Bulgaria. Especially about how wonderful the people are and how much they need the gospel. I don't know how to describe it but I feel that. I can do very little good here anymore and I will only be able to progress as a missionary more fully and a person while in the field. That said though, I am not going to waste my last week here. As in racing terms, I am going to sprint to the finish. Though I must say if I don't get my visa (which I don't find out until one-two days before I leave) I will be devastated. I am kind of jealous of Max because he will already be in Brazil during his training. Max, you are incredibly lucky to be going to Brazil first, and don't worry the language will come despite what you might think. Anyways you get a couple of months before then so have fun in the meanwhile. It only seems like yesterday since I got here, time has flown by. I have been told by my teachers though that the MTC is going to be the shortest part of my mission if I continue to work hard. They told us that we will wake up at home and wonder what just happened. I kind of hope it goes that fast, but at the same time, I don't want it to because I want to get as much as I can done and if it goes by that fast, I am afraid I won't be able to do my best.

Now to answer some of mom's questions. My favorite moment in the MTC would probably be hosting and showing brand new missionaries around. That felt really cool. My biggest lesson learned was probably learning how to work through my fatigue and bordom, and times when I didn't want to work and just doing it. Especially how bless I am when I do. I already answered what I look forward to the most and my biggest fear is that I won't be able to do my best for the full two years. Finally, all of my district should be leaving with me, it really just depends on who gets their visa. Sorry just read some more questions. Yes I did get Kristie's cookies and they were delicious. It's cool and a neat idea to make Bubbles a class pet. He will probably be better taken care of. Sorry about Robbie not making student council but he does have three more chances and an amazing essay. Just keep working hard, Robbie and don't give up and pray for more help and you will be blessed. I also got my shirts, three short sleeve though. My email address is austin.ewell@myldsmail.net.

I still can't approve of your relationship with Destry, McKenzie without a picture. It is great you are out of your cast, Grandma Harmer. I love you all and pray for you every night.

Please give me news and send me pictures over the computer. Dad, you asked me about any good books and I have found one that is my new favorite. It is called "Answers to Gospel Questions, The Classic Collection, Volume One" by Joseph Fielding Smith. It cost about fifty bucks and even though I haven't read all of it, I already know it is so worth it. Buy two and send me one.

Love, Austin

P.S. Just found out that everyone's visas came in! Yeah!!

No comments:

Post a Comment