Monday, February 13, 2012

Good News

I got big news for you all and I am super excited, but you will have to read through the letter to find out.
After writing you guys we went up to the mall so Elder Brown could buy some things then we came back to the church and watched some movies.  After the movies we went contacting

In the morning we went to go get a copy of our key made so that the other elders could get into our apartment when they needed to with out us.  Well the key didn't work so we had to go back (he had made it upside down.)  After we finally got the spare key working we went to buy a new camera for elder Young because his got stolen from him.  Other than that we just contacted all day until the evening time.

Wednesday was amazing.  We had mission tour.  So Mission Tour is like a zone conference but one of the area presidency comes.  President Lawrence came this time and his and his wife's talks were amazing.  His wife talked about the house of Israel and more fully explained it and President Lawrence focused on the week points of our mission and helped us build them up.  Mission tour was a tone of fun.  I also got to see Sister Killian and Loss who were in the MTC with me.  They are heading home this week so this was the last time that I got to see them.  So we said our goodbyes and parted ways.  They are amazing missionaries and the mission won't be the same without them.  After Mission Tour and all of the goodbyes we cleaned up and then went home for the night.

Basically we contacted all day.  We had a lot of success though and one of the coolest things was we got a received from a guy who had ordered a Book of Mormon from Salt Lake back in 2006 and he had read it all the way through.  He wasn't that interested in religion but he agreed to meet and talk about the Book of Mormon with us sometime.  It was pretty cool sadly though the number we got doesn't work so we won't be able to meet with him.  It was still a cool run in.  We also got another received to so we were happy with the days work.  In the evening we had English which was a blast.  I was teaching the parts of the body and let me just say there are a lot of parts.  It took the whole class and we still didn't finish.  After English we came back in had some delicious Musaka and went to bed.

In the morning I did some tasks with Elder Young.  For the rest of the day I was with Elder Furtado though because he had to get a new filling (tore his old one out while flossing) and because of that he couldn't speak Bulgarian.  So we couldn't contact but we did try to find the other Elders a new apartment.  The day was fun though and we got some things done that we had been putting of.  Other than that friday was alright.

Well first off we had english which was a lot of fun.  After that we had lunch and contacted until Transfere calls. We got our calls and I am going back to Pleven! Plus I am going with a Mini Missionary from Plovdiv.  His name is Ivan Chakerov and he has turned in his mission papers.  He knows english well but we will be speaking bulgarian the majority of the time.  He is really cool and serving with him is going to be a blast.  I am also including a picture for you guys to look at.  I am supper excited and I can't wait to go back to Pleven.  Other than that the day was normal.  I am super happy and am looking forward to going to Pleven again. YEA!!!!

Other than saying goodbye to everyone at church the day was just filled with contacting.  I was told something very cool though.  I was on splits with Elder Brown about 2 weeks ago and I had told an investagator that we were teaching (okay it is all I focused on) to read the Book of Mormon slowly and with prayer.  After sacrament meeting she told me that she had done what I had said and that for the first time ever she was enjoying reading the Book of Mormon and was filling the spirit.  That comment made my whole day.

That was the week and I am looking forward a ton to the last six months of my mission.  See you all soon.

Elder Austin James Ewell

No comments:

Post a Comment