Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Late Letter

Alright lets start what is going to be a long email.  First lets start off with my last P-day.  It was alright.  We had to wait for a guy to come and tune the piano in the church so we basicly watched movies all day.  It was good though because I needed a vege out day because I had been running every were on my first transfer.  Anyways the piano sounds great now and that was that P-Day. 

 Now onto Tuesday.  Tuesday was a good day.  First of all after our morning routine we went to go meet a lady that wanted to give back the Book of Mormon.  She never showed so we went back to the church to grab the street boarding stuff and eat lunch.  After we grabed the table and board we went and set up and started street boarding.  How we were set up is that we have the street board on the stand and then we have a table that says free library that has book of mormons and paphlets on it.  It was a ton of fun and it was my first time actually doing it for more than about a half hour.  The greatest part though was that we took out around 15 Book of Mormons and about twenty of each paphlet and after three hours (two with just me and elder Patterson and one with elders Rowden and Korless there) we had to pack up because we were out and with every Book of Mormon we gave out we got a number.  YESSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!  

Any way that was basicly tuesday and it was amazing now onto Wensday.  On Wensday we had our district meeting and after it we decided to go street boarding again because of the succes we had yesterday and also because we only had one lesson schedualed and that was in the evening.  So all four of us go and start street boarding.  We bring out about 15 Book of Mormons again and started working our magic.  About an hour and a half after we started and we had given away about a third of our Books of Mormons and paphlets the police came.  They wanted us to get out and stop doing what we were doing.  Elder Korless showed them the letter from the national police force to prove that we did have permission to prosilite in this way.  The didn't care and tried to tell us that the letter only applied to Sofia when it clearly had the seal of the national municapality on it.  So because we wouldn't move they gave us a citation that said we didn't have the right documentation when we did and that we were saleing religious materail in public when our sign and actions clearly showed that it was all for free.  They didn't listen to us and said that if we have a table it means we are saleing something.  Anyway that may sound like bad news but is infact good because all across Bulgaria there have been similar problems but with this citation we can now do something about it and if we can't fix all the country at least we can fix Pleven.  So that was last Wensday my runin with the police. 

 We also had a lesson that day too with an progressing investagator.  We were teaching him baptism and we asked him if he would be baptized but he said no because as long as you belive in christ you are fine.  Arrrg oh well we will just have to keep working with him.  We have already decided that he needs to have his faith built more so we are going to work on that.  By the way his name is PYMEH (Roomen.)  

Now onto Thursday.  The beging of Thursday we had a meeting with a guy that we had found while street boarding on Tuesday.  He came which was good but he basicly took over and just told us about his problems for two hours.  That was our bad but now that we know what he is like we can act acordingly and hopefully our next meeting we can actually teach a little bit.  

After this meeting we went to attend the closing of an humanitarin project that the humanitarin couple had been working on in Pleven.  It was at an Orphanage for 3-7 year olds.  We had bought them two press irons, four washing machines, and two dryers because when the couple first went there the place were the kids were was imaculet and wonderful but the landuray room was just filled with clothes because they only had one working washer from the 50's and nothing else.  Anyway when we went the landuray room looked amazing and very organized.  After wards the some of the childeren there put on a little dance for us that was really cute and then we got a tour.  All in all it was really cool and fun.  I sent a picture of the dance to my Mom. 

 After that we went back to the church to begin English class.  The third level went great and we actually had some printed out homework and notes for them that helped a ton.  We covered should with them because bulgarian doesn't have that word you have to use a certian phrase for it.  Okay now onto Friday.  Well Firday was alot of planning for this week and then some contacting and tracking.  While tracking we found a really cool guy that has a family.  He asked us actuall questions and he also thought about our answers.  He agreed to meet again if he could keep Elder Patterson's pen so we agreed and we are going to go meet with him tonight.  That is all of Firday so now onto Saturday. 

 Saturday we had english first thing which was fun because we played Jeporday with the class and they got really into it especially since it was Boys against Girls.  After English we had our language hour and then waited for a meeting with a guy and his friend that we had meet on Tuesday while street boarding.  They never showed but when we went down to the church we found Elders Rowden and Korless there and Korless had a chello.  What had happened is that while street boarding Tuesday Korless met the conducter for the thearter that we always street board infront of.  He was a Chello player but he no longer had time to play with his new job so he told Korless he would loan him his Chello for the Transfere.  Elder Korless was so happy and we are already thinking of a million Ideas on how to use it to help us in our work.  Well after waiting for Satoslav and Boriss, the two that we had a meeting with, we decided to finish the Block that we had started the previous day.  Well next door to the cool guy was another almost as cool guy that we talked to for a while.  He didn't agree too another meeting but he didn't seem aposed to us coming back again so I guess that is a half-recived.  Alright almost done cause now we are onto Sunday wait I forgot this isn't a normal P-day week.  

So Sunday was very good.  First we had church and there were five non-members there.  Two were investagators and two were from English that said that they would come.  After church we had to catch a bus to Sofia for Interviews with the President.  We got to Sofia around 6:00 a clock and got to the mission home at 6:30.  The Interview went great and it is always a joy to have one.  Well we stayed in the office elders apartment for the night and then came Monday. 

 Monday dawned and so did zone confrence.  We had to be in the mission home at 9:15 because we had to practice a song that we were suprising the President and Sister Roth with.  The Sofia Elders were going to sing two verses of joy to the world in german and the rest of us were going to sing the first verse of it in bulgarain and english.  After we were done practicing we waited around for zone confrence.  One exciting thing we did find out during zone confrence was first the new plan of salvation paphlets that the office missionarys had been working on were finally done and ready for us.  That is really cool because now we can pass out that information too when we meet people instead of talking about it only.  Zone confrence went great and another piece of good news is that because we have reached our goal of 48 baptisms President Roth decided to give us an extra P-Day on Christmas Eve as well.  So that meens I can skype on either the 24 or 25 depending on what you like but I will send more details later to my family.  

At the end of zone confrence Sister Roth did a fun activity were we made a christmas star together and then had a testimony meeting.  It was really spiritual and wonderful.  After that we watched Mr. Krugers Christmas as a Zone and then Rowden and I finally went and got our Lichna Cartas.  Yea, I am finally legal.  After getting those we got a bus back to Pleven and went to bed.  Tuesday came and it was a regualar work day.  We did all of our studys and then went out.  First thing we did was a little contacting while we went to go meet a another person we met while street boarding.  Her name is Hedezhda and the meeting went alright.  She talked the entier time but she is really smart and doesn't have any crazy ideas about the bible.  Our only concern is that one of the reasons why she is meeting with us is that she wants finacial support so we are going to have to adjust accordingly but she does have a lot of potentionl.  After that we went to have another meeting with PYMEH (Roomen) at the church.  The meeting went great and I am looking forward to are next one with him.  After that we stayed to help a member clean because we had the keys and then went up had a chicken for dinner and went to bed.   

Done yes.  My companion is great he is a musician and very funnie.  He has only been out for six months so I have to try harder because I can't rely on his knowlege of the language but that is fine.  I am doing great and I love all of your letters they help make my week.  Grandpa Ewell I love the quotes you send and that chrismas link is great.  Well until Chrismas.

Have a Very Merry Christmas Love,
Austin James Ewell

No comments:

Post a Comment